IMMEDIATE OPENINGS WITH SIGN ON BONUS! Hours are 7:00am-5:30pm with occasional Saturday work. We offer great benefits – Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for You and Your Family, 401K Retirement Planning Options, Room for Growth in the Organization and a Salary that is Negotiable Based on Experience.
This position requires manual dexterity with both hands as well as an ability to distinguish various materials within a short period of time, the capability of standing for long periods of time while lifting, bending and turning from side to side repeatedly, the capability to use stairways frequently, the ability to learn to separate many types of recyclable materials, some of which are very similar in appearance, and the ability to work in cold or hot weather. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
- Manually sort recyclable materials such as cardboard, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, paper, etc. on a fast-paced moving conveyor.
- Ability to identify and remove 40-50 items per minute, (minimum requirement), from moving conveyor lines and place into properly designated receptacle bin.
- Lift and dump containers of material.
- Keep surrounding work area clean and free of trip hazards, to include but not limited to conveyors and sort lines.
- Assist and coordinate with Supervisor or/and Line lead the cleaning of the screens, conveyors yard etc.
- Assist in end of shift clean-up of assigned work areas.
- Assist other co-workers with heavy bulky items as needed.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times (steel toed boots, safety gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and vest).
- Report any accidents, injuries, “near misses”, unsafe working conditions, practices or situations immediately to supervisor.
- Participate in the safety programs and follow all safety rules set by Apple Valley Waste.
- Notify supervisor when production may be impeded by certain situations (slow line, lack of product, etc.) or adverse changes in material flow.
- Other duties as assigned.
Individuals must possess the following in knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three- syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two- step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
All regulations for the safe and effective operation of this company’s facility are to be strictly adhered to. Employees who violate company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Ability to stand for an 8 – 12-hour shift.
- Ability to lift 1-2 pounds on a constant basis, lift 2-4 pounds regularly and up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Employee will continually be required to reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, grasp and feel, to talk and hear, bend, stretch and twist. The employee will regularly be required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, exposed to pungent odors adherent to waste/recycling or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee regularly is exposed to outside weather conditions and works in an unheated and non-air-conditioned environment (usually protected from rain and direct sun light.).
- Competitive Salary.
- Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays.
- Individual and Family Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options.
- 401K Retirement Planning Options.
- Life Insurance Options.
- $500 bonus for successful completion of 90 day probationary period
- $500 bonus for successful completion of 6 month review period
Job Type: Full-time