Driver Trainee / Helper -
You will be working on the back of the garbage truck manually picking up garbage and dumping it into the back of the truck. This is an extremely physical job requiring heavy lifting, considerable walking/running and working outside in all weather conditions.
This job could potentially be elevated to a driver-in-training position. We will assist qualified Helpers who are interested in obtaining their Commercial Driver’s License and becoming a driver for the Company.
In this position, you must be available to work 6 days per week.
- Exposed to outdoor elements in all weather conditions including heat, snow, cold, rain and wind.
- Works on uneven ground on improved and unimproved surfaces.
- Exposed to moving automobile traffic while working outside of the truck.
- Exposed to moving machinery, noise and vibration.
- Able to work in a fast-paced position in all weather conditions.
- Able to pass a D.O.T. Pre-Employment drug test.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Able to operate lever hand controls for hydraulic machinery.
- Available to work 6 days per week.
- Required to work overtime as designated by supervisor.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety rules, standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability and fitness to lift 70 plus pounds throughout a typical 10-hour shift.
- Competitive Salary - Negotiable based on experience.
- Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays.
- Individual and Family Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options.
- 401K Retirement Planning Options.
- Life Insurance Options.
- Stable Work Year-Round.
- Great Management Team.
- Room for growth within the organization
Job Type: Full-time