Dispatcher - Job Summary
Communicates back and forth with Drivers and Operations (as necessary or directed to) to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial and roll-off lines of business. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers that includes Gold Medal Environmental (herein, “company” ) customer service, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Uses company proprietary software to enter ticket information and track activity. Ideal candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple screens/apps and formulate solutions to challenges on their own after the initial training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers' locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and speed of response
• Assists Customer Service Representatives by receiving customer calls as needed to serve existing and new customers, as well as provide back-up when call volumes exceed efficient capacity.
• Works with routing specialists, route managers, and the service department to optimize routes
• Assists in determining daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity
• Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate Drivers throughout the day and for the next day; close service tickets each day
• Handles and fields incoming calls and e-mails from customer service and sales department; manages requests for pick-up or container delivery and ensuring same-day service
• Initiates outbound calls to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues
• Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues
• Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by coordinating Driver movement in the field
• Records and documents information from Drivers and distributes to appropriate departments
• Communicates with maintenance shop personnel and serves as an emergency point of contact for down wires and other issues
• Assists General Manager and Supervisors with weekly time card corrections, seeking supervisor approvals, and submission to payroll.
• Where appropriate and a delegated responsibility, may also assist General Manager with reviewing, approving, and forwarding documents to other company locations (except where contents of documents contain sensitive or confidential information).
This job has no supervisory duties
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
• Experience: 6 months of relevant work experience
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2-way devices
• Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management proprietary software applications
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 25 lbs. frequently;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
• Normal setting: Office environment