Directs maintenance in the service and repairs for the Recycling Center. Ability to trouble-shoot machinery and schedule work, train and mentor mechanics. Ability to be manage 3rd party vendors and maintain inventory levels. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing and/or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. Additional duties may be added as needed.
- Good people skills
- Has in-depth knowledge of tools and maintenance principles.
- Conducts basic inspection, lubricating, and adjustments of facility and equipment.
- Follows specified recording and reporting procedures,
- Conducts PM’s, JHA’s and DEI’s
- Ability to read, and understand blueprints, schematics, electrical and hydraulic line charts
- Ability to design, cut, weld, and fabricate within industry accepted standards
- Understanding of function and maintenance requirements of processing and facility equipment.
- Understanding of hydraulic systems incorporating theory, functions, maintenance, and repair.
- In-depth understanding of electrical systems incorporating low voltage AC/DC, primary voltage AC/DC, motor control function, and PLC’s.
- Understanding of rolling stock function and maintenance requirements.
- Ability to perform second level repairs on rolling stock
- Ability to work various hours and flexible shifts when needed.
- Helps with inventory control of facility, equipment, shop parts and supplies.
- Follows all safety procedures as set by Apple Valley Waste.
- Helps maintain cleanliness of facility and maintenance areas.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with limited supervision
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Regular attendance in conformance with Company standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Apple Valley Waste rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the company’s facilities.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel and Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Organizational skills
- STICK & MIG welding experience
- Steel fabrication abilities and knowledge
- Trouble Shooting experience with MCC Panels, contactors, relays etc.
Additional Qualifications a plus:
Basic repair and service of sit-down forklifts, loaders and other rolling stock
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee on occasions, exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Seven+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses or Certificates
No specific licenses or certificates required for this job function.